DIY Beeswax Sushi Candle Tutorial from Smori at Instructables. I have used beeswax sheets many times with kids. They are extremely easy to handle and roll up with the wick in the middle. This would be such a good gift with chopsticks and maybe takeout boxes (you can find these at the Dollar Store in giftwrap and bridal).
DIY 2 Ingredient Crayon Lipstick Recipe and Tutorial from Hey Wanderer. A video tutorial is also linked. Note: it is recommended to use ONLY CRAYOLA CRAYONS - not generic crayons made in China that may contain lead or who knows what. For pages more of DIY beauty and spa recipes (milk baths, sugar scrubs, chocolate facials etc…) go here: truebluemeandyou.tumblr.com/tagged/beauty
DIY Party Eggs!
Pin prick a hole in both ends of egg (make the one with the egg coming out larger) and blow as much of the egg out as you can.
rinse with cool water and dry
gently use glue or tape to plug up the small hole.
fill the larger hole with glitter or cereal (or whatever fits!) then plug up that hole with glue or tape and decorate.
The ingredient list is in the metric system so I converted it at a site where you put in the ingredient name and measurement. Some of the measurements are rounded up a tiny bit (that’s why so many are in Tablespoons)
For The Cookie Dough
- 75g Unsalted Butter, Room Temp (5 Tablespoons)
- 40g Golden Caster Sugar (around 10 teaspoons of very fine sugar)
- 40g Light Muscovado Sugar (around 10 teaspoons of light brown sugar)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Golden Syrup (some say corn syrup can be subtituted)
- 125g Plain Flour (about 1 cup)
- 75g Dark Chocolate Chips * (a little more than 6 Tablespoons)
For The Fudge
- 150ml Whole Milk (10 Tablespoons)
- 150ml Double Cream (10 Talbespoons)
- 250g Golden Caster Sugar (a little more than 1 1/4 cups fine sugar)
- 100g Light Brown Soft Sugar (1/2 cup)
- 100g Unsalted Butter, cubed (7 Tablespoons)
- Pinch Salt
Clay Horns Tutorial by neptunyan
View the Full Tutorial Here:
DIY Stretch Perler Bead Bracelet Tutorial from Pink Stripey Socks. I like perler beads because they are so cheap and easy for kids and adults to use. For more Perler Bead DIYs you can look here: unicornhatparty.com/tagged/perler-beads and for more kid friendly jewelry go here: unicornhatparty.com/tagged/kids-jewelry
DIY Lip Balm Recipe and Tutorial from Just a Smidgen. Really easy lip balm recipe that uses candy flavor and organic petals for coloring. For pages more of beauty and spa recipes go here: diychristmascrafts.tumblr.com/tagged/beauty
There are recipes for:
- Sweet Honey Raspberry Lip Balm
- Crushed Rose Petal Sparkle Lip Balm
DIY Upcycled Tee Shirt Mashup Tutorial from MAKE. Really easy DIY and can be used on lots of graphic tees - not just band tees. Tutorial by Andrew Salomone (because I give credit where credit is due on my blog).
For pages and pages of altered tee shirts go here: truebluemeandyou.tumblr.com/tagged/tee-shirt and for DIY gifts for men (including the booze bouquet) go here: truebluemeandyou.tumblr.com/tagged/manly-gifts